Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas….now n then- Time changes memories don’t…

Those were the days when Christmas happened to be a blast…. wishes, Cake, Red dress code, lightings, visit to church, beats of Christmas carols, gathering at Fatehgunj-a hub of young crowd in Baroda on christmas and 31st, dinner at decorated restaurant and lots of fun…gone are the days
Today my cousin asked me what are your Christmas plans!!!and that question opened up the doors of my past Christmas memories. How madly I used to celebrate Christmas!!!

I still remember that childhood innocence when I had strong faith in santa’s existence. And the faith was so deep that on Christmas eve I used to put a pair of socks under my pillow to get gift from Santa. And how can I forget my bro!!! So I used to put a pair of socks under his pillow too so he also can get gift from Santa. And then a nice sleep with the excitement to get up early in the morning to see what gifts santa has dropped into socks!!! Though next day seeing an empty socks was quite disappointing.:( I asked my brother whether he has got something from santa or not but he was too young at that time to understand what Santa is and what gift I am talking about. And see the heights of optimism I thought Santa would have found difficulty in opening the door as it was locked yesternight so what my little brain thought from next year I will hang the socks outside the door so when santa come to drop gift he would not find difficulty in dropping the gift because of doors locked!!!! But before the next Christmas came my grown up age made me understood that Santa lives in stories only.

So when next year Christmas came I told my brother that real Santa exists and you keep socks under your pillow next day you would find a gift. He did it following my words and guess what!!! next day when he got up a gift was waiting for him..now guess which Santa brought that one for him!!!! Yup It was me her Sis who became a santa for him....gone are the days

I love to smile remembering this incident which I have not shared with anyone so far. How innocent I was and stupid too…lol

During school days I literally used to pull my brother to come along with me in church on christmas. Going to church at Ffategunj and from there to Monginis for pastry and chocolates and then a nice dinner with Mom-Dad and Bro at restaurant where getting chocolates from Santa was the joy…gone are the days
With the days passing on friends became the company for Christmas celebration. Me n my gang of girls in red dress code, roaming around in Fatehgunj, exchanging gifts and chocolates, clicking snaps with santa and cherishing moments…..gone are the days

Now I don’t place socks under my pillow because I know Santa is not going to come, I don’t visit church because I find myself ‘busy’, I don’t eat cake and chocolates because have become health conscious , I don’t go to Fatehgunj because now I find that crowd nuisance…..Time changes memories don't.

Jingle bells jingle bells, jingle all the way……

Merry Christmas!!!!!:)

4 comments:

WordsPoeticallyWorth said...

Sadly 'dissapointment' is part and parcel of our lives, and innocent childhoods are not exempt from this conceptual realism. We evolve into adulthood wiser and more knowledgable from our own experiences of time, but changes can also be influenced by so many factors other than our own, such as peer pressure and environment, etc. Memories are a learning process, and while some are mourned, they can be resurrected in our own children. Keep the best bits! Take care. Bye.

Rashmi said...

The concept of Santa is not just about his physical existence or gifts....it about the spirit of festival within you, spirit of Christmas! The one which you had.....a reason to spend time together, a reason to create memories which are with you now to cherish. The idea behind Santa was, if you have been a good kid through out the year then Santa will give you a gift as reward! So its about your faith. Santa is a source of motivation, represents love, care, togetherness for loved ones, a reason to be good with others. its not something about facts or science, its something about life and its lessons.

I also used to shop for,decorate and celebrate Christmas like you. I used to stay wake till midnight and peek out of the window to see Santa in his sleigh pulled by his reindeers, landing on my roof or on my doorstep.
May be the times have changed, as its inevitable, but not my spirit and belief in creating more memories! So, believe in Santa, hang the socks and celebrate it, do something good for someone and Santa will definitely gift you in one or another way because we believe in it.

Devanshi said...

@ WordsPoeticallyWorth..That is what life is all about...as you grow up you start becoming more realistic and somehow it is required too but memorizing childhood acts and innocent beliefs give great feelings...

Devanshi said...

@ Rashmi...well said Rash..You are right. It is not all about Santa's physical existence...Santa exists in our acts and the fruits we receive would be the gifts for our good acts...

As far as spirit is concern I used too be super excited for such celebrations and still would love to be so but now circumstances play the role..one need an environment for such things and with work and other responsibilities itz difficult to manage but still the festivity has itz own color of celebrations... n old memories make it more colorful...Now I love seeing others espcly kids njoing it wid innocence and joy